FORUMS

Welcome to the shannoncurtis.net forum community, Guest! Log In or Sign Up
Booking platforms?
So excited to dive into this forum, and Shannon - thanks for everything you do!

Does anyone use online booking platforms, like fanswell, concertsinyourhome, houseconcerts.us, etc?  If so, what do you like, and what do you not like?
John, hi! Welcome to the community, and thank you for your post.

Our goal with this forum is to have a place for people to discuss grass roots, community-based solutions to spreading music through house concerts. Given that, third-party booking platforms fall outside of the scope of this discussion.

Our interest in focusing the discussion in this way relates directly to our values and goals. The model that we have developed with Shannon's career places an emphasis on empowering artists to partner with their own communities to grow their careers in an independent, self-reliant fashion. By contrast, online booking platforms generally make money by taking a cut of artists' earnings, or by selling artists certain types of access, or by putting artists in situations where they are competing with other artists for the limited attention and availability of established house concert venues.

So, in this spirit, we are keeping our community focused not on house concerts in general, but specifically on the model that Shannon has pioneered, in the hope that we can can all help other artists achieve community-driven successes for themselves.

Hopefully this makes sense! I'm going to lock this thread - please feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Thanks for bringing up this topic; I think it's valuable to have had the chance to elaborate on this. We're glad you're here. Smile 
--
jamie hill
shannon's husband & partner in crime
co-inventor of the house concert model & co-author of the book
which is why i reply so often on here
i produce, mix, & master records
you can hear my work at  deptofenergymgmt.com/work
Tacoma, WA, USA