FORUMS

Welcome to the shannoncurtis.net forum community, Guest! Log In or Sign Up
Sit or Stand?
As a solo singer with acoustic guitar, I would like to hear experiences about sitting or standing during house concerts.  Standing makes it more of an occasion, and is the standard advice from performance coaches.  But I could see it be intimidating in some situations. 
Why OR? Why not sitting for the quiet lyrical expressive songs AND standing for the energetic ones...
When possible that's what I do.
LOVE that idea, David!!!
I have sat, stood, and gone back and forth with a stool.  I've felt the most comfortable standing because it's how I'm used to performing (I sing and play guitar), but I think sitting is totally acceptable, and has worked fine for me with a smaller crowd and when I'm unplugged.

I guess it does depend on the energy level of your songs and if you move around a lot!
(08 May 2015, 11:45 AM)DaveCFraser Wrote: Why OR?  Why not sitting for the quiet lyrical expressive songs AND standing for the energetic ones...
When possible that's what I do.

Dave, thanks for the tip!  It also fits in with Tom Jackson's exhortations to change what the audience sees.
(11 May 2015, 06:25 AM)craigallen Wrote: I have sat, stood, and gone back and forth with a stool.  I've felt the most comfortable standing because it's how I'm used to performing (I sing and play guitar), but I think sitting is totally acceptable, and has worked fine for me with a smaller crowd and when I'm unplugged.

I guess it does depend on the energy level of your songs and if you move around a lot!

Craig, thank you so much for your feedback! I  usually stand, but think that sitting is a good idea in some situations, and for some songs!