FORUMS

Welcome to the shannoncurtis.net forum community, Guest! Log In or Sign Up
I haven't done my first one yet!
I just saw that no one had posted here, and I am a total newbie, and wanted to say that it is now my GOAL  to post here when I do my first house concert!  So knowing that this post is out there will hopefully get me focused.  Just ordered Shannon's book! I have a ton to learn and not much time, I'm 62! 
 I heard about you, Shannon, in a webinar by Dave Kucek.  It was great!!!
Ahhhh, I love this, Charlotte! Well, I can't wait to read your NEXT post. Wink  Go get 'em! 
(14 Jan 2015, 10:41 PM)Shannon Curtis Wrote: Ahhhh, I love this, Charlotte! Well, I can't wait to read your NEXT post. Wink  Go get 'em! 

Thanks so much Shannon!  What I'm actually working on at this point is planning the concert.  I've ordered your book so there will probably be some help there.  I've been a songwriter for a long time and played a number of writer's rounds in Nashville (including even some early shows at the Bluebird) but they're not the same.  I've never actually done a whole show.  Should I post a new thread here on this, or is there some info on this that I've missed here?  
This is a really good topic idea! I think for now you should post a new thread here about it. But I'll also talk with Jamie about the possibility of adding a new sub-forum that is specifically geared toward planning and executing a good set for house concert. If we end up doing that, then perhaps we'll just move your thread to that sub-forum at that point. GREAT idea, Charlotte!

Oh, and also, there was a conversation in another forum about how people are starting their sets --- you can find that here: http://shannoncurtis.net/community/Thread-HC-Banter
Hey Charlotte - go get em. I am in a slightly different situation as I am the one currently setting up the shows and liaising with the hosts, but the main artist is my fiancee Christine. I play and sing on a few songs.

However, she is loving working out what she is going to be saying. Christine connects with source energy whilst singing but, because she has done mainly standard gigs, albeit sit down cabaret, the opportunity to share why each song is important, details re lyrics and melody etc is a brand new experience. Hard work in conceptualising too.

What a wonderful opportunity for music to connect ever more personally with people. It is in the gift of every house concert performer to champion the cause of this exciting art form.

We do our first two concerts next week. Will report back + we are videoing them (in preparing for Livestreaming the May concerts), so will get some clips up.

So have a ball Charlotte, imagine you are sharing important stuff with a close friend and I reckon your mind will be in the right place. And, hey, your audience will all be friends after you have spent an hour chatting with them.

Ps I'm 63 xx