FORUMS

Welcome to the shannoncurtis.net forum community, Guest! Log In or Sign Up
Non singer-songwriter-like acts
For me it seems House Concerts do especially well for the singer-songwriter format. For me that's essentially like one guy with a guitar or keyboard telling stories through music. Is there any-one out there who has HC experience with instrumental music or genres that are less about lyrics or song and more about performance and rhythm? Let's say jazz, salsa, Tibetan chimes music, flamenco or whatever.
I recognize that I'm responding to this inquiry many months after it was posted, but I run a chamber quintet and have booked my first gig for this summer, and am hoping to book more.  I will endeavor to share the experience here.  
(13 Apr 2016, 08:32 PM)ThorBremer Wrote: I recognize that I'm responding to this inquiry many months after it was posted, but I run a chamber quintet and have booked my first gig for this summer, and am hoping to book more.  I will endeavor to share the experience here.  

I would love to hear more, ThorBremer.
(13 Apr 2016, 08:32 PM)ThorBremer Wrote: I recognize that I'm responding to this inquiry many months after it was posted, but I run a chamber quintet and have booked my first gig for this summer, and am hoping to book more.  I will endeavor to share the experience here.  

Chamber music is a historically notable example of a formalized house concert experience. I can only imagine this will go really well. Please post a recap after it's happened! Thanks Thor; glad you're here.
--
jamie hill
shannon's husband & partner in crime
co-inventor of the house concert model & co-author of the book
which is why i reply so often on here
i produce, mix, & master records
you can hear my work at  deptofenergymgmt.com/work
Tacoma, WA, USA