FORUMS

Welcome to the shannoncurtis.net forum community, Guest! Log In or Sign Up
sample house concert invitation language
I've had several people ask me what language I give to my hosts for their guest invitations. This is what I sent each of our hosts in advance of the shows on our 2014 summer house concert tour:

Quote:Feel free to personalize the invitation however you'd like, but please make 100% sure to include the following language in the invitation:

"This is a donation-based concert; please come prepared to make a donation to the artist after the show."

If you'd like to use prepared language for your invitation, you could copy and use the following:

"You are invited to a house concert by Los Angeles-based recording artist Shannon Curtis at our home on ________, as part of her 60-date nationwide summer house concert tour promoting the release of her new album Metaforma. Please arrive at ________. The concert will start promptly at ________.

Shannon's music is mellow, powerful, and deeply connective, delivered in an unmistakable alto voice that brings to mind Sarah McLachlan and Norah Jones.

Her songs have been featured on major network television shows, and her groundbreaking use of house concert touring has recently been covered by national publications including The Huffington Post and American Songwriter Magazine.

Learn more about Shannon at her website, shannoncurtis.net.

This is a donation-based concert; please come prepared to make a donation to the artist after the show."