FORUMS

Welcome to the shannoncurtis.net forum community, Guest! Log In or Sign Up
Disclosing Amount Received with Hosts
In the book you mention that hosts are eager to know that you’ve done well with the donations. Do you let them know the amount you collected?
(23 Oct 2016, 01:22 PM)Angela Wrote: In the book you mention that hosts are eager to know that you’ve done well with the donations. Do you let them know the amount you collected?

Hi! Yes, typically. If it's good. As a means of sharing praise. If it's not as good as I tend not to volunteer the information, but will freely divulge it if they ask. I wouldn't want it to seem like we're trying to pressure them into giving us more money. 
--
jamie hill
shannon's husband & partner in crime
co-inventor of the house concert model & co-author of the book
which is why i reply so often on here
i produce, mix, & master records
you can hear my work at  deptofenergymgmt.com/work
Tacoma, WA, USA
Typically, yes! On the nights when we’ve done well, we proactively let our host know that they did a great job motivating their people and that we had a successful night.

On nights when we’ve not done as well, we don’t really say anything to them about the donation total unless they ask — in which case we let them know honestly and with a positive spin (i.e. “it wasn’t a high donation night for us, but I think there were a few people here who really got something out of it, and so perhaps we were here for a different reason than a financial one tonight;” or “since it was a smaller crowd, our donation total wasn’t very high; but since this small crowd was highly engaged and receptive, we think this is a group that we could totally build on for future tours!”)