FORUMS

Welcome to the shannoncurtis.net forum community, Guest! Log In or Sign Up
Roland Street Cube
I was thinking of using a Roland Street Cube for a house concert. It has two channels. One is a microphone /line channel with XLR and reverb, and the other channel that can be used for guitar with reverb and other effects. I am using a Martin GPCPA4 thru a Tech 21 Acoustic Direct Box( to reduce the piezo quack) to the guitar input, and for vocals a Shure SM58 into microphone channel.
Will this have enough volume and have good sound for most house concerts?
Hey Ray! Thanks for the post. Glad you're here.

The reviews for this look great, and the all-in-one portability is enormously appealing. I'd say give it a shot.

The one thing I would recommend is, get it from a place where you can return it without a hassle if you get it and don't initially like it. Maybe you won't love the reverb or whatever - you never know. Shannon and I use Sweetwater for this reason (and also no sales tax + free shipping) - and I'm sure there are others as well.

If you get it, please update the thread and let us know what you think!
--
jamie hill
shannon's husband & partner in crime
co-inventor of the house concert model & co-author of the book
which is why i reply so often on here
i produce, mix, & master records
you can hear my work at  deptofenergymgmt.com/work
Tacoma, WA, USA
Hello Jamie:
Thanks for the reply. Sorry I was not clear. I already have a Roland Street Cube for about three years that  I use with an electric guitar for recording.
Back in 1972 I played about 80-90 nights in the many small wine and cheese bars that were popular  around NYC at the time. I have kept playing for the past 40 or so years, but now I want to play out again. I am interested in trying house concerts, and I was wondering if any one has used the Roland Street Cube?
I also recently purchased a Yamaha StagePas 600i from Musician's Friend, but have not had an opportunity to use. This is much large and has more equipment to carry like speaker stands, mixer stand, cables, etc.
I would rather have things simple, that is why I was asking about the Roland Street Cube.