FORUMS

Welcome to the shannoncurtis.net forum community, Guest! Log In or Sign Up
Checks?
Do you take checks for merch or otherwise? If no, how do you graciously let them know that you don’t.
We do! There is no wrong way for someone to show their appreciation for the show. Smile And honestly, most of the donations we receive via check are usually in bigger amounts ($100, $150, etc.) That said, it’s always a bummer to get a returned check, so if someone asks us directly about it, we’ll sometimes ask if they want to do a donation on their credit/debit card through our Square.
(25 Oct 2016, 12:16 PM)Shannon Curtis Wrote: We do! There is no wrong way for someone to show their appreciation for the show. Smile And honestly, most of the donations we receive via check are usually in bigger amounts ($100, $150, etc.) That said, it’s always a bummer to get a returned check, so if someone asks us directly about it, we’ll sometimes ask if they want to do a donation on their credit/debit card through our Square.

I just had my first house concert yesterday, and 4 people gave checks -- all for larger amounts (two $50s and two $100s) -- so I'm definitely willing to be open to accepting checks! Smile Haven't tried to deposit yet, but crossing my fingers... I think some (especially older) people like to have a paper trail in the traditional sense.