FORUMS

Welcome to the shannoncurtis.net forum community, Guest! Log In or Sign Up
covid 19
Hey guys, are you all boring staying at home. My condition is just like you. Feeling helpless, sad & lonely. But guys, it's not the time to be sad. It is the time to be helpful & to encourage others.
(27 Jul 2020, 06:56 AM)expelgrumbly Wrote: Hey guys, are you all boring staying at home. My condition is just like you. Feeling helpless, sad & lonely. But guys, it's not the time to be sad. It is the time to be helpful & to encourage others.

Shannon and I figured out how to do a house concert tour online, using Zoom! So we're actually super busy, and playing music all the time. It really helps.

We're doing it in the exact same way as usual – people in our community host the concerts, and invite their friends and family – just now it's all online. We're about 30 shows into what will be a 50+ show tour. These shows have proved to be an amazing way to connect in this time. 

One downside is that we're basically not selling any merch, because our people apparently buy our stuff at our merch table on an impulse. Normally at this point in a normal tour we'd have sold somewhere around $13,000 in merch ... this year we've sold $715 so far. ? But the donations are solid, and we have literally no expenses, aside from $15/month for a Zoom account. 

Onward! ?
--
jamie hill
shannon's husband & partner in crime
co-inventor of the house concert model & co-author of the book
which is why i reply so often on here
i produce, mix, & master records
you can hear my work at  deptofenergymgmt.com/work
Tacoma, WA, USA
Fabulous idea. I'm going to share with my group of artists tonight.